- DATE: 3rd August 2019
- Merrell Whale of Trail in partnership with Cape Nature
- Where: Western Cape
- Start & Finish: De Hoop Collection, De Hoop Nature Reserve, Western Cape
- Distance: 53km
- Discipline: Ultra Trail Running
- Entries Open: 1st November 2018
- Entries: www.whaleoftrail.co.za
- Entry Fee: R3600
Come experience this exclusive opportunity to run the 5 day Whale Trail hiking route. Includes 3 meals and fantastic vibe at the finish area, in peak whale watching season. Starting in Potberg the runners will run through indigenous fynbos seeing proteas and ericas in abundance.
They will cross rivers and run atop ridgelines before running onto the rocky shores of the Indian ocean. The trail will snake along stunning paths that drift from the beach into coastal forests and along fynbos-covered hills. Runners will experience breathtaking views and possible sightings of the Southern Right whale.
When they finally reach the end of the trail in De Hoop Nature Reserve, they will be filled with a peace and a sense of accomplishment for having completed a trail made in heaven.