- DATE: 3rd August 2019
- Merrell Whale of Trail in partnership with Cape Nature
- Where: Western Cape
- Start & Finish: De Hoop Collection, De Hoop Nature Reserve, Western Cape
- Distance: 53km
- Discipline: Ultra Trail Running
- Entries Open: 1st November 2018
- Entries: www.whaleoftrail.co.za
- Entry Fee: R3600
Come experience this exclusive opportunity to run the 5 day Whale Trail hiking route. Includes 3 meals and fantastic vibe at the finish area, in peak whale watching season. Starting in Potberg the runners will run through indigenous fynbos seeing proteas and ericas in abundance.
They will cross rivers and run atop ridgelines before running onto the rocky shores of the Indian ocean. The trail will snake along stunning paths that drift from the beach into coastal forests and along fynbos-covered hills. Runners will experience breathtaking views and possible sightings of the Southern Right whale.
When they finally reach the end of the trail in De Hoop Nature Reserve, they will be filled with a peace and a sense of accomplishment for having completed a trail made in heaven.
GROOTVADERSBOSCH TRAIL RUN 34km / 15km 6 July 2019.
• Only pre-entries.
• 200 tickets available. Don’t delay… It tends to sell out well before the event date.
• Entries close on 20 June 2019 or if the entry limit is reached before that date.
A change to previous years: Both the 34km and 14km runs will take place on the same day. The run will also start and finish inside the GVB Reserve at the GVB Cottages. 8 years ago, this was where this run originated/started/finished – since then, Cape Nature revamped/rebuilt the old, dilapidated wooden huts and replaced it with Eco friendly cottages and also upgraded the road in and out to this venue which means one can now get in and out with a normal sedan vehicle – even in rainy conditions.
- 34km – 6km Indigenous forest trail followed by 28km, awesome Mountain trails via Boosmansbos with incredible views.
- 15km – A split between indigenous forest trails and lower mountain trails with stunning views over Saagkuilskloof and some of the other valleys below Boosmansbos.
- 34km – R980.00 per person. Including delicious soup and fresh rooster-brood lunch, prize-giving dinner [Meat/Veg potjie], branded race cap and CNC [Cape Nature Conservation] fees/permits and a finish line, custom made/branded wood/coffee coaster.
- 15km – R550.00 per person. Includes, as per detail above. You will have the option to order additional catering when you enter, for non runners such as family and friends.
Participants have to be trail running fit, carry the stipulated equipment and be over the age of 18 to enter the 34km option.
FOR UPDATES, ALL INFORMATION, AND ENTRIES www.quantumadventures.co.za
The SOX Trail Run is known as the most diverse 3-day trail run in South Africa and takes place in the Garden Route, with 90% of the route laid out within the South Africa National Park’s protected property.
You will run on pristine hiking trails in the mountain, experience the tranquility of our lush, indigenous forest and along the stunning coastline to enjoy the untouched beauty of the Garden Route.
DATE : 9-11 August 2019
VENUE : Ebb&Flow Rest camp, SANParks, Wilderness, Western Cape
The Kilimanjaro Stage Run combines authentic off-the-beaten-path travel and exploration with organized supported running, and the goal of a complete circumnavigation of Mount Kilimanjaro in beautiful Tanzania, East Africa.
Ultrarunner Simon Mtuy and his team at Summit Expeditions & Nomadic Experience created this fully catered running adventure vacation to immerse you in the local cultures in this remote and scenic location while safely experiencing the footpaths of lower Kilimanjaro on a physically challenging activity.
More than just another run, the Kilimanjaro Stage Run is a multi-day adventure run (not a race) open to all runners willing to test their endurance covering 260 kilometers over 8 days at a moderate pace, while challenging their strength with more than 10,000 meters total elevation gain.
The terrain is technical and all running is done between 1500 and 2200 meters elevation, and only during the day. Runners are divided into groups by pace and always run with a Tanzanian running guide.
After 30 years in tourism and event management in Madagascar, Boogie Events started an unique trail running event 4 years ago: Racing Madagascar The Ultra Trail of 150km in 6 days is held during a week in northern Madagascar. After the lemur (2016), the zebu (2017), and the Chameleon (2018), the 4th edition will the year of the Baobab
This unique trail running event is a meeting between runners coming from the entire world and local sport athletes. It is also a touristic discovery and of course a sport challenge! The event is timed according to the rules set by the International Trail Running Association (ITRA). But rest assured that time cutoffs are wide enough to let you take pictures of the wonderful northern Madagascar!