The 23rd edition of the highly anticipated annual Slow-Mag Marathon will take place on Sunday the 26th April 2015 at Benoni Northern Sports Club in Albert Bekker Park, Gauteng. This year the Slow-Mag Marathon is an Official CGA Half Marathon Championship event and is yet again a Comrades qualifier. Runners are invited to take part in the Ultra (50km), Full (42.2km), Half (21.1km) Marathon, 10km and Family Fun Run (5km).
The annual Slow-Mag Marathon is more than a Comrades qualifier and official CGA event. This is a fun day for the whole family to enjoy outdoors in the warm Gauteng autumn weather. There is something for runners and walkers as well as their supporters who have come along to enjoy a morning out. Secure parking, music and entertainment, morning coffee, a cash bar, food stalls and a variety of children’s activities will ensure that a good time is had by all.
Starting times are as follows:
06h30 for Ultra, Full and Half Marathon
06h40 for 10km and 5km Family Fun Run
Venue: Benoni Northerns Sports Club, Albert Bekker Park, corner of O’Reilly Merry & Brodigan Street, Northmead, Benoni
Pre-entries online or instore.
Pre-entry closing date: 17th April 2015.
– The Sweat Shop, Irene: 012 665 0048
– The Sweat Shop, Dunkeld West Centre, Jan Smuts Ave: 011 325 2567/8
– The Sweat Shop, Fourways: 011 467 5966
– The Bedford Runner, 2 Bedfordview Arcade, Van Buuren Rd: 011 450 1847
– The Randburg Runner, Sanlam Court, cnr 5th and 4th Ave, Linden: 011 888 9644
– Run away Sports, 302 Freesia St, Lynwood Ridge, Pretoria: 012 361 3733
– Sportsmans Warehouse, Boksburg Value Mart: 011 823 3350
– Woodstock Cycles, Benoni, O’Reilly Merry Street: 011 849 1305
No postal or faxed entries.
Late entries will be taken at BNAC on Saturday 25th of April from 10am to 5pm and on the morning of the race from 4.30am.
T-Shirts for all entrants at the finish line.
Race info and Enquiries:
Tel: Race office 076 819 2122/ 079 836 4019
Tel: Madge Attwell 083 573 1011
For more information on Slow-Mag
Brand Manager – Slow-Mag
Find out more on www.slowmag.co.za