Registration is now open for the fourth intake of the Modern Athlete Dare to Tri Academy, so make that commitment to become an IRONMAN in 2015. Training starts 1 July!
The Dare to Tri programme has enjoyed three very successful years since our initial pilot project with just 10 athletes in 2011, transforming ‘Average Joe’ athletes and couch potatoes alike into IRONMAN 70.3 finishers, and this year we also had our first group going on to the full IRONMAN. Last season we had 170 finishers across various events – for an incredible finishing percentage of 97% – and the success of the programme is down to a manageable training workload that fits in with your family, work and social schedule, with group training sessions on weekends that really keep the athletes motivated.
SIGN UP TODAY!
– The 2014/15 programme will run from 1 July 2014 to 31 January 2015.
– We take complete novices to their first standard Olympic-distance finish, then train for the 70.3 half IRONMAN.
– The programme is aimed at triathletes in Gauteng who can participate in our weekend group training sessions, but triathletes from all over SA can sign up and follow on their own.
– DTT members receive a weekly e-mail from Dare to Tri Coach Derick Marcisz, reviewing the past weekend’s training and detailing the next weekend, and a full programme for the month is distributed at the beginning of each month.
– New this year: ‘Performance Programme’ for athletes looking to improve on previous results.
Register at www.modernathlete.co.za at R1000 for the full seven-month programme. Plus, we have our own distinctive training and racing kit available online!
MARK THE DATE:
DARE TO TRI 2014/2015 LAUNCH!
When: Sunday 29 June
Where: Jeppe Quondam Club, Bedfordview
Time: 9am (optional 7am easy 10km run – showers available)
Who: Coach Derick will give you more info on this year’s programme, plus hear from previous DTT members about their experiences.