Sign up today! Training starts 1 July 2014
The Dare to Tri Academy has had two very successful years after our initial pilot project of 10 athletes in 2011. The training program has transformed everyday athletes and couch potatoes into triathletes that have finished their first ever Standard Olympic distance triathlon and then crossed the finish line at Ironman 70.3. This year, we also had our first group doing the full Ironman!
The success of the program is down to a manageable and sustainable training program that fits in with your family/social and work commitments. Our finishing percentage last season was 97%(we had 170 triathlon finishers).
What You Need To Know
– The 2014/15 programme will run from 1 July 2014 – 31 January 2015.
– We take complete novices to their first finish at a standard Olympic distance race, then train for 70.3. The programme's first aim is to train specifically for Tri Rock (half iron distance race) in October at a great venue in Durban – a 3-month program to get you to a first-time finish! TriRock can also be a platform for athletes to clock a good performance over a half iron race distance. Thereafter, the team will aim for Ironman 70.3 in East London and for those that want to go even further, Full Ironman in Port Elizabeth in March.
– This time around, we’re introducing a ‘Performance Programme’ for those that are looking to improve on previous performances.
– The programme is aimed at triathletes in Gauteng who can participate in weekend group training!
– But triathletes from all over SA can benefit from signing up for the programme and follow their own times.
Sign up and register here. The cost is a once-off fee of R1000 for the full 7-month programme – whether you're doing all or a series of the DTT events on the calendar. Plus, we have our own distinctive training and racing kit available online!
Each week, members will receive an e-mail from Coach Derick reviewing weekend training and detailing the next with a full program out at the beginning of each month. Weekday training is up to you while there are weekend ‘coached’ sessions along with the DTT group.
Dare to Tri Launch 2014/2015
When: Sunday, 29 June 2014
Where: Jeppe Quondam, Bedfordview Club
Coach Derick Marcisz will be telling you a little more info on this year’s academy and will answer any questions you may have. Plus, get to hear from our previous DTT members on their experiences.
There will also be an easy 10km run at 7am with the Coach before the launch (showers are available after the run).